Saturday 14 September 2013

A Bell On My Bike

“Did I tell you? Someone put a bell on my bicycle.”

“What do you mean someone put a bell on your bike?”

“I left it at Deptford station for a few hours and when I came back there was a bell on my bike, where there hadn’t been before.”

I went over to her bicycle and there certainly was a bell on the bike handle. It gave a clean sharp ring when you pulled the clip back and let go. 

“There wasn’t a bell on there before was there?” She looked at me with big inquisitive eyes; she sometimes reminded me of an aiai.

“I don’t know. Was there?”

“I don’t think so. Or the other possibility is that one of the mechanics did it for me whilst I stored it in the dockyard.”

“Why would they do that?”

“Because they are nice.”

In honour of her leaving to Georgia she held a party at an acquaintance’s house and invited all her friends. The torrential rain put people off but still many came. It was a great party. 


No comments:

Post a Comment