Wednesday 15 April 2020

Lime green things that I love that are so good

I was lucky enough to encounter three lime green things in one day. They made me smile and appreciate the colour.

When I was last in Japan my friend Saeko gave me a vacuum-packed pouch of green tea. She comes from a line of tea-farmers and the leaves were freshly cut and dried on her land. The type I believe she gave me is gyokuro, which when allowed to steep in warm water infuses it with a lime green glow. The taste is fresh and has a kick to it, like you’ve stuffed your nostrils full of mown grass.

I also had a pot of lime green raita on the table that came with an Indian takeaway. Mint cucumber yoghurt that smooths out all the crinkles of a bitter, or spicy taste. Onion bhajis are better for it and naan breads elevated.

Then a pure source of joy - as I’m stuck indoors and not allowed to go for long walks in the countryside - is the coriander. The seeds were planted months ago and now, the saplings have shot up and fallen over the sides of the pot. They look bushy and strong and emit a lime green vibe. I am into it and I am into lime green.


Additional lime green favourite: Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip ice-cream.





No comments:

Post a Comment